Digital Marketing For Tour And Travel
Firstly Global Desarts Media provides hospitality and tourism digital marketing solutions for businesses throughout KENYA. We have delivered consistent positive ROI to our clients including tour operators, guest houses, luxury lodges, hotels and B&B’s.
We leverage all the elements of digital marketing to drive more direct bookings via your website. In fact we follow best practices in web design and development. After web design, we start search engine optimisation (SEO), pay-per-click advertising (PPC), email marketing not to forget social media marketing. This will help to maximize your online exposure.
We are passionate about the travel and hospitality industry, digital marketing and seeing our clients succeed. We have been committed to provide great service and honest advice to our clients.
Combining 8+ years of Experience in digital marketing and an in-depth understanding of hospitality & tourism, our team will help you succeed in this competitive industry.
Our hospitality and tourism digital marketing consulting services range from accommodation booking platform integrations to internet service provider installations. Our services offer a unique perspective into the workings of travel related services. We also show how to align your business with specialists and trade best practices.
Consulting in the tourism industry requires partners. Marketing company should have clear understanding of those partners to ensure what they offer works well.
Statistics: Digital Marketing for Travel Industry
The travel and tourism industry are fast changing and the statistics are getting outdated quickly. Here are the nerdy and heavy numbers which will still help you know the upcoming trends in the online travel industry in India.
1. Manage your Online Reputation
- 200 new users contribute to TripAdvisor every minute (TripAdvisor, 2015)
- 95% of respondents in a TrustYou survey read reviews prior to booking. (Tnooz, 2015)
- 4 in 5 TripAdvisor users will ‘always’ or ‘usually’ refer reviews before deciding on an attraction to visit, particularly Generation X (74%) and Australian travelers (82%) (TripAdvisor, 2015)
- 80% of the travelers look for summarized reviews is time efficient whereas only 59% preferred reading full-text reviews (Tnooz, 2015)
What does it imply?
It is a daily task to nurture your online presence and build your positive reviews especially when it comes to authoritative sites like TripAdvisor.
2. Go for Online Bookings to Maximize Revenue
- About 83% of activity and tour companies still work with traditional methods for their daily management; this means that digital users are not able to encounter the products in an online channel (Phocuswright, 2016)
- There is a hike in bookings (30-40%) after the implementation of an online booking system. (TrekkSoft, 2016)
- 65% of travelers book hotels reservations for the same day through a mobile device (Statistic Brain, 2015)
What does it imply?
There is a gap between numbers of travelers wanting to book tours and activities online and the majority of suppliers aren’t ready. There are so many booking software providers to choose that suits you the best.
3. Mobile-Optimized Businesses are Winners
- From 2011 and 2015, the mobile bookings in travel have grown by 1700% (Frederic Gonzalo, 2016)
- About 50% of the users have visited TripAdvisor through phone and tablet, and the company continues to see an industry rise in engagement on mobile phones (TripAdvisor, 2015)
- 45% of travelers having connectivity use their mobile devices to book travel activities pre-trip (TripBarometer, 2015)
What does it imply?
Seeing the increasing penetration of internet and mobile connectivity, it is important to choose a responsive booking system and website builder. For instance, choosing an integrated booking software with the existing website means you have to be sure of a mobile-optimized template with great UX with good loading speed.
4. Social Media in E-travel Industry
- 97% of millennials say they post pictures while traveling, especially on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook (Frederic Gonzalo, 2016)
- 27% of Twitter users create positive buzz for the brands they mention by sharing good travel experiences (Twitter, 2014)
- 39% of users on Twitter access the platform mid-journey (Twitter, 2014)
What does it imply?
Don’t try your hands on every social media channel. It is important to find out where your target users are active, and join in with these conversions. Unless your audience isn’t there, it is of no use to jump into a new social network just because everyone’s doing that.
5. Visuals are the Best Marketing Toolbox
- More than 53 million candid traveler photos on TripAdvisor (TripAdvisor, 2015)
- 76% of TripAdvisor users agree traveler-submitted photos influence the decisions regarding booking (TripAdvisor, 2015)
- People’s willingness is increased by a piece of content by 80% if it is a colored visual (Xerox, 2014)
What does it imply?
Since travelers want to add visual potential new experiences. Therefore, in order to stand out in the tourism industry along with inspiring travelers to book you instead of your competitors, it is important to place compelling visuals centre-stage in your marketing strategy for travel agency.
6. Video Bring you More Audiences
- 80% of views on YouTube are from outside the US (YouTube, 2015)
- 78% of people watch videos online every week (MWP, 2015)
- According to Cisco 2015, streaming video will account for over two-thirds of all consumer Internet traffic by 2017.
What does it imply?
Well, for sure, it is a season to try videos. It is okay if your first video doesn’t gain huge transaction, but if you
Importance of digital marketing services
If you belong to the travel industry and seek to leverage the online medium to beat the competition, online tourism marketing is the way out. Let us understand how an internet marketing agency can help your travel website get the all important business leads and achieve ROI.
# Promotes the destination
Earlier, people willing to travel used to search for travel destinations in the print medium. However, with the advent of the digital medium. One can look for such destinations using their internet enabled devices – either on the social media. This trend needs to be leveraged by your company through the promotion of select travel destinations. This is where you need a top digital marketing agency . Agency will help to market such destinations through content marketing, image sharing, email marketing etc.
# Taps into the growing pool of mobile users
With the reach of smartphones and internet services growing at a frenetic pace, customers are frequently using them to plan their travel itinerary. They do so by visiting the travel sites featuring on the top sections of the Search Engine Result Pages. Furthermore, smartphones have enabled people to receive travel related information, either from their acquaintances, friends, colleagues and relatives or from the travel companies. So, you need to tap into the growing pool of mobile users to target them and increase the popularity of your website using digital marketing.
# The role of SEO
Travellers often use search terms like ‘best holiday destination in the KENYA’ or ‘best travel package in Mombasa’ while planning their trip. And when the search engine displays a list of websites. The ones that feature among the top get most of the clicks. Now, since the list is dynamic and is displayed by Google algorithm based on some criteria. Your website must be optimized continually using SEO techniques such as updating meta tags, link building etc. Also, to popularize your travel website and establish the brand. Suitable blogs/articles incorporating videos, images, infographics, and PPTs should be posted in popular forums such as TripAdvisor, Viator.com, Inspirock.com etc., to gain customer traction. The ultimate objective of using SEO is to let your travel website become a success through increased visibility and garnering the maximum leads.
# Leverages social media
The social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc have become the online hub for a large number of users to search and share information and interact with each other. We too display the trait when we tend to look at the posts comprising beautiful locales and read customer reviews. Social media marketing can be a powerful, effective, yet low cost methodology to generate interest in your brand and services, target customers, and promote your business.
# Generates ratings and reviews
It is a common practice to look into the ratings and reviews before selecting a particular travel agency or hotel. The higher the ratings and more of positive reviews, the greater is the inclination among people to choose the same. A good internet marketing agency would help you liaise with your customers. By acting as the interface between your business and customers. The digital marketing company can help generate positive ratings and reviews from the customers.
Since travel enthusiasts are increasingly going online to execute their travel plans. Your website needs to be visible enough for your potential customers to take notice and access. To meet the objectives, it must be marketed well using online marketing services. Also, the online medium has turned out to be highly dynamic with the advent of new technologies. Hence, to sustain in this competitive environment, you need to reach out to your potential customers.You can use either using in-house resources or engaging top digital marketing services.